While 2016 will likely go down in many people’s minds as a tough and difficult year in many ways, we can also choose to see why 2016 was great for humanity. Indeed, there were positive events everywhere that has and will continue to change our world for the better. 2017 is looking very bright.
- November’s U.S. election brought with it four more states in the U.S. legalizing recreational ********* and three additional states legalizing medical *********. California was one of the states that chose recreational *********, which is great. “As California goes, so goes the nation” is a popular saying, suggesting that trends start first in California, then eventually spread throughout the entire U.S. 2017 will certainly be a year where even more pressure is put on the establishment to legalize all forms of cannabis. Because cannabis heals cancer and helps tremendously with Parkinson’s, Autism and numerous other health conditions, it is time to end the lies of the ************** industry and to allow this plant to be used as the medicine it truly is. Isn’t it about time we legalize the production of hemp too so that we can create sustainable clothing, paper, plastics, housing and utilize it in dozens of other ways? Several states are already defying the federal government and have begun growing and harvesting hemp. It’s only a matter of time before the entire U.S. and world does the same.
- The U.S. election also saw thousands of flash-mob meditations take place at polling stations across the U.S and at locations outside of the U.S. We are witnessing a massive shift in consciousness and awareness on our planet, which is helping to create a world that works for everyone.
- Columbia and the FARC Rebels sign a peace deal, which is always a positive step forward. The Afghanistan government also signed a peace deal with a rebel group, which was the first peace deal signed by the Afghan government since 2001. 2017 will bring even more calls for peace everywhere.
- Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk announces that their new solar panel roofs will likely cost less than regular roofs, which are due to come out in 2017. The clean energy revolution will catalyze immensely in 2017. Just imagine where we will be at one year from now? The future is bright.
- Iceland’s Pirate Party gains 7 seats in parliament; up from 3 to 10. A true revolutionary, intellectual, anti-establishment party now is Iceland’s second leading party and will surely shake up the status quo even more in 2017. The Pirate Party also exists in over 40 other countries. Will the trend continue in 2017? Absolutely.
- A French company named Colas announces that solar roads will be tested at over 100 sites in 2017.
- A study documents how the world is actually becoming a more peaceful place, according to long-term trends. As stated earlier, the calls for peace will grow even louder in 2017.
- A scientific study in the UK is released which shows how solar energy is already generating more energy than fossil fuels. What was once thought to be untrue, has now been proven to be true. Renewable energy production will continue to rise all around the world, while the old paradigm of fossil fuels sees it’s final days.
- Russia, China, South Korea and Japan come together to begin creating the Asian Super Grid, which is a massive grid of solar and wind technologies that span those four countries and provide power to even more countries. More large-scale projects like this will be envisioned and started in 2017. Additionally, this grid is a wonderful way for those countries to cooperate and collaborate even more in the realm of politics and society. Let’s hope this model is a success and is inspiration to the rest of the world.
- Standing Rock: While there remains much work left to be done at Standing Rock, we have seen something truly beautiful and wonderful in how the world has come together to support water, the Indigenous tribes of our world and our planet. The unification of humanity will increase even more in 2017.
While there are many, many more topics that could have been highlighted in this list, these are some that have stood out in very positive ways. Let us all continue to work together as one human race to build a world that works for all of us. A world where abundance, peace, harmony, equality and love is the norm.
As there will be future articles coming out around this topic, please tell us in the comments section on this Facebook post more stories that you think made 2016 a great year for humanity. Please also provide links for your suggested stories!
May 2017 be the year that humanity becomes truly free, happy and at peace with all of life.
Lance Schuttler graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in Health Science-Health Coaching and offers health coaching services through his website Orgonlight Health. You can follow the Orgonlight Health Facebook page or visit the website for more information on how to receive health coaching for yourself, your friend or family member as well as view other inspiring articles.