Pharmaceutical antibiotics weren’t always around. Whatever did we do before companies like Roche, Merck, and Pfizer started making super-bug-creating, liver-damaging medications that also robbed us of our own innate immunity?
People used natural antibiotics that not only promote good bacteria in the intestinal tract, considered vital for a good immune system, but also made use of inexpensive ingredients that are antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, and inflammation reducing.
In brief, we made our own remedies from nature’s pharmacopeia.
If you drink the DIY antibiotic “stuff” I am about to tell you about on a regular basis, there’s almost no infection that can touch you. Here’s what the ten simple ingredients within it can do for you:
- It contains ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) known to kill bacteria due to the presence of acetic acid. The unprocessed, unfiltered, organic versions (like Bragg’s) also contain a strand of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria called “the mother” which makes its beneficial biological effects even more potent.
- It contains garlic, one of the oldest known antiviral and antibacterial substances available to humankind. Garlic, part of the allium family, contains allicin, a potent compound which kills infections on contact. Garlic also contains sulfur and selenium compounds which boost the immune system. Garlic is so potent, it is even chemoprotective, meaning it can kill cancerous cells.
- It contains onion. Raw, organic onion, also part of the allium family, has been used for over 5000 years to help treat and prevent disease. Companion cropping tomatoes with onions is even used in permaculture because it helps tomato plants fight diseases better.
- It contains peppers. Peppers contain a phytonutrient called Capsaicin, considered the holy grail of healing for a whole list of infections and diseases.
- It contains ginger. Another antibacterial and antiseptic powerhouse, ginger has been used for millennia. Within ginger are also phenols and gingerols which have been proven to curb chronic inflammation. Disease cannot form in a body that is not chronically inflamed.
- It contains ginseng. Raw ginseng root can boost the immune system, reduce depression, boost energy, fight inflammation, and even stoke the romance in your life. It has been used as an aphrodisiac for centuries. Ginseng (in its many varieties) contains ginsenosides which are thought to be the root (pun intended) of their efficacy in treating so many diseases.
- It contains horseradish. You might not think it, but horseradish is related to foods like wasabi mustard, cabbage, and broccoli. The Brassicaceae family of plants is known to support healthy blood sugar levels, promote healthy digestion, lower blood pressure, boost immunity, and fight many chronic diseases. It can even prevent cancer due to its high levels of glucosinolates.
- It contains turmeric. The curcumin in turmeric heals just about everything. There are more than 10,818 scientific abstracts that talk about turmeric’s benefits. I’ll save you some time form reading them all and just say it helps prevent chronic bacterial infections, reduces inflammation, reduces parasitic infection, boosts liver, heart, and digestive health, and cures cancer – among other things.
- It contains raw honey. If you can spare the extra expense use Manuka honey. This stuff will even kill the antibiotic resistant strains of MRSA (staff infections), and other diseases, but even regular, run of the mill, organic honey is replete with enzymes and nutrients which support immunity and boost energy levels.
- It contains bee pollen. Bee pollen regulates our metabolism, boosts immunity and can even help control seasonal allergies. It has more essential amino acids than any other animal based protein along with an incredible number of vitamins, minerals, proteins, lipids, fatty acids, enzymes, carotenoids and bioflavonoids all of which make it antiviral, antibacterial, and immunity-boosting. Bee pollen also acts as a powerful antioxidant and supports the liver instead of harming it like many pharmaceutical antibiotics do.
The Recipe for the DIY Natural Antibiotic Remedy
3 ½ cups of apple cider vinegar
¼ cup of chopped garlic
¼ cup chopped ginseng
¼ cup of chopped onion
¼ cup of grated ginger
3 fresh chili peppers, chopped
2 ½ teaspoons of grated horseradish
2 ½ teaspoons of turmeric
4 teaspoons of raw, organic honey
1 heaping tablespoon of bee pollen
Place the above listed ingredients in a bowl, and mix except for the ACV. Set that aside. Fill a mason jar (or two depending on the size you have handy) with the ingredients. Fill the jar(s) about 2/3 full with dry ingredients, and then pour the ACV over the top. You want to cover the ingredients completely with the liquid. You can add a small amount of water if necessary. Close the jar, seal well, and shake.
Keep the jar of your DIY antibiotic remedy in a cool, dry place for two weeks without opening it. You will want to shake it up and allow the ACV to saturate the dry ingredients a few times a day, though.
After two weeks have passed, place a thin gauze over the top of the mason jar and strain out the liquid. Place that liquid in another air-tight container in your fridge and simply sip on it daily. If you want your mixture to be extra strong you can let it infuse in the fridge for another six weeks. Only a teaspoon or two taken regularly should act as a natural antibiotic/antiviral against any disease or infection you are exposed to.
While you’re here…
…We have a tiny favor to ask of you. Government think tanks have teamed up with social media companies and Google to censor independent media websites and government criticism. Despite this big tech crackdown on the free press, we have been very fortunate, and tens of thousands of people continue to read The Mind Unleashed every single day. But we need your ongoing support to keep working as we do.. And because we value open and accessible information for all, we would never hide our content behind a paywall. Unlike Fox News or CNN, our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. We are not subject to the whims of billionaire shareholders. We are editorially independent, and that makes websites like this an important part in the war for truth and justice. Hopefully we’re wrong, but without your help, we're afraid big tech companies may soon make The Mind Unleashed algorithmically disappear from the Internet. We need your support to keep delivering quality independent news. Every contribution, big or small, will go directly into funding independent journalism. Thank you. Click here to support us