A diet full of natural healthy foods is a guaranteed way to help the body maintain optimal function. Unfortunately, mass production of food means many live foods sold in stores are depleted of nutrients due to overuse of chemicals in soil and during food production. Moreover, at times our bodies need a little extra help to clear away toxic debris that collects in the body from processed foods and environmental pollution.
Thus, supplementing your diet with superfoods is a way that you can support the body’s systems. Of course, different superfoods serve different functions. That is why it’s important to get a wide variety of superfoods. Below is a list of eleven foods that offer an impressive assortment of nutrients, leaving you supercharged and energetic.
1. Moringa is a plant that offers all of the essential amino acids. These substances make up proteins that the body needs to maintain cells. For example, the body uses amino acids to grow new cells and repair damaged ones.
2. Chlorella is a green algae that’s high in protein and helps the body clear way heavy metals. In addition, chlorella is also high in healthy fats needed by the brain.
3. Spirulina is another good source of plant protein. Moreover, it delivers calcium and iron needed by the body’s many systems. As a result, spirulina can help you be more energetic and feel stronger.
4. Mint is a very popular herb that adds strong minty flavor to foods and drinks. Mint leaves can effectively aide with digestive ailments, such as indigestion and stomach cramps. In addition, mind can act as a sleep aid.
5. Matcha green tea makes a refreshing drink that’s high in antioxidants. It benefits the body by regulating appetite, helping the body normalize hormone levels, and by reducing stress.
6. Ashwagandha, or Indian ginseng, is another plant that helps the body cope with stress. This includes stress caused by toxins from the environment, as well as internal stress that could lead to anxiety and depression. Ashwagandha offers a very beneficial blend of amino acids and vitamins.
7. Lemon is a very common citrus fruit that acts as an effective appetite suppressor. Consuming lemon can help alkalize the body to improve the body’s pH, which is important because most processed and fried foods make our bodies too acidic.
8. Beets offer a healthy dose of folate and manganese. Raw beet juice is a good way to add this superfood into your diet. Also, baked beets offer many nutrients that improve circulation and aide vascular dysfunction.
9. Wheatgrass is so rich in nutrients that a small shot of wheatgrass juice could substitute a whole plate of vegetables (except perhaps the dietary fiber). This plant has over 100 unique vitamins and nutrients.
10. Turmeric is so effective in fighting off inflammation that mainstreams doctors are starting to recommend turmeric consumption for ailments such as arthritis. This orange root is also a very powerful antioxidant.
11. Coconut water is a natural refreshing beverage that’s high in potassium. It is so beneficial for the body that medics used coconut water in place of plasma during times of war when blood supplies were limited.
Clearly, to be able to take all of these superfoods each day, you would have to keep up with many different supplements, drinks and herbs.
This article (11 Superfoods That Will Supercharge Your Body) was originally created and published by Waking Times and is published here under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Anna Hunt and WakingTimes.com. It may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of The Mind Unleashed or its staff.
While you’re here…
…We have a tiny favor to ask of you. Government think tanks have teamed up with social media companies and Google to censor independent thought and government criticisms. The result has been catastrophic for independent media. Despite this, The Mind Unleashed has survived without hiding our content behind a paywall, because we value open and accessible information more than we value profits. Hopefully we’re wrong, but without your help we're afraid The Mind Unleashed will algorithmically disappear from the Internet. Every contribution, big or small, will go directly into funding independent journalism. If you value what we’re doing here, you can help us keep going for as little as $1 and only a minute of your time. Thank you. Click here to support us