Connect with us

News

CNN Caught Colluding With Democratic Party Against Bernie Sanders’ 2020 Campaign

Elias Marat

Published

on

CNN Colluding Against Bernie Sanders

It should surprise absolutely no one that CNN is abjectly loyal to the Beltway establishment—especially to the entrenched forces currently dominating the Democratic Party.

Thus it should be no shock to learn that on Monday, CNN stacked its Town Hall with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, a leading 2020 presidential hopeful, with Democratic Party attendees tied to failed 2016 contender Hillary Clinton—a fact they were forced to admit in a statement.

The cable news network said on Wednesday:

“Though we said at the beginning of the Town Hall that the audience was made up of Democrats and Independents, we should have more fully identified any political affiliations.”

https://twitter.com/Jakeweindling/status/1100835059869700096

The discovery came to light on February 24, when Paste Magazine noted that town hall participant Tara Ebersole, who had been identified solely as a former biology professor, “lists her current job description as ‘Chair, Baltimore County Democratic Party’ since 2016. Further, her husband was part of Hillary Clinton’s leadership council in Baltimore in 2016.”

https://twitter.com/Jakeweindling/status/1100467787128958976

Ebersole wasn’t the only questionable town hall attendee.

Abena McAllister was given the simple title of “an active Democrat,” a term that leaves plenty to the imagination but hardly suggests that she may actually be the chairperson of the Charles County Democratic Central Committee, as the group’s website reveals.

Yunjung Seo was introduced as a college student, yet neither Wolf Blitzer nor the on-screen chyron noted her position as an intern for Democratic Party fundraising and consultancy outfit, Katz Watson Group, as her LinkedIn page does.

Shadi Nasab, who was identified as an “American University student,” asked Sanders about his plans to prevent sexual harassment on his campaign team following allegations of discrimination and harassment of women during his 2016 campaign. However, a quick glance at her LinkedIn page reveals that Nasab is currently an intern for Washington, D.C. lobbying firm Cassidy & Associates.

Democratic Party anti-Bernie stalwarts were quick to revile the discovery, accusing “Bernie Bros” of being conspiratorial and having “doxxed” town hall participants unjustly.

Other Democrats, however, saw CNN‘s conduct as revealing a clear bias against Sanders.

Cenk Uygur, host of the liberal online talk show The Young Turks, noted:

“When CNN does a town hall for the other candidates and it’s New Hampshire, it’s in Iowa, it’s in the heartland. But when Bernie Sanders, they finally gave him a town hall, they happen to put it in Washington, DC, and fill the room with lobbyists and PR agents and people that work in political offices — and then they don’t tell you? Come on!”

The author of the Paste report, Jacob Weindling, said:

“The bigger problem here is that we find ourselves in a confusing situation thanks to cable news not adhering to basic standards of journalism. (Unfortunately, that’s an evergreen sentence.) When I watched the town hall live last night, this question seemed completely normal and well within the bounds of what Bernie was brought there to talk about, but now that it has been revealed that the question was asked by an intern at a major lobbying firm, you cannot help but wonder about the intent behind this, as well as CNN’s role in selecting this questioner while not disclosing her workplace.”

As CNN’s conduct shows, the network is clearly threatened by Bernie Sanders’ bipartisan appeal, idiosyncratic policies, and yes–his left-wing democratic socialist ideology that threatens to disrupt a system that cable news networks like CNN, MSNBC, Fox News fight tooth-and-nail to defend.

Ancient History

Megalodon Fossils Show How Biggest-Ever Shark Had Nurseries All Over the World

Elias Marat

Published

on

The massive megalodon, the largest shark to ever roam the seas, had their own nursery areas all over the globe that allowed the apex predators to raise their young and populate the world prior to their extinction.

A new study, published in the Royal Society journal Biology Letters, reveals that nurseries belonging to the massive creatures have been found in across vast geographic distances where fossils belonging to both young and old megalodons were discovered.

The five likely nurseries include sites off Spain’s east coast, two off the coast of the United States, and two in Panama.

Megalodon (Otodus megalodon), whose name means “large tooth,” lived between 23 million and 3.6 million years ago until it went extinct during a period of global cooling. For 13 million years, the megalodon was the king of the sea.

The megalodon was not only the largest shark in the world, but also the biggest fish – and quite possibly the most powerful predator – to ever exist. Its teeth alone measured 18 centimeters long, and evidence shows that it could have grown to reach up to 60 feet in length.

However, because megalodon bodies were mostly comprised of cartilage – which cannot fossilize – the shark’s teeth, vertebrae and fossilized feces have been the main way researchers have calculated the shark’s body measurements.

The existence of the nurseries shows that young megalodon were still quite susceptible to attacks by other predators.

To keep the young megalodon safe, their shark parents would give birth to their young in shallow, warm water nurseries located near coastlines. In these special regions, juvenile megalodon were able to access their prey while facing few dangers from rival predators.

“Our analyses support the presence of five potential nurseries ranging from the Langhian (middle Miocene) to the Zanclean (Pliocene), with higher densities of individuals with estimated body lengths within the typical range of neonates and young juveniles,” the scientists wrote in the abstract for the study.

“These results reveal, for the first time, that nursery areas were commonly used by O. megalodon over large temporal and spatial scales, reducing early mortality and playing a key role in maintaining viable adult populations,” the authors added.

The nurseries were ideal sites that allowed young megalodons to mature into adults in a process that took about 25 years.

Experts investigated 25 teeth belonging to megalodon that were found in the Reverté and Vidal regions in Tarragona, Spain. The study led to the conclusion that these locations were filled with sharks that had body lengths consistent with the normal range of newborns and young juveniles, measuring 13 feet in length for one-month-old sharks to 36 feet in length for older juveniles.

A separate study released in September found that a 52.5-foot-long adult megalodon had heads that measure up to 15.3 feet long, with dorsal fins measuring about 5.3 feet tall and tails reaching 12.6 feet. To put this into perspective, an adult human could stand on a shark’s back and be roughly the same height as the dorsal fin.

The study’s findings also reveal that the shark’s reliance on nurseries likely played a role in their demise, when the world cooled near the end of the Pliocene period and sea levels declined.

“Ultimately, the presumed reliance of O. megalodon on the presence of suitable nursery grounds might have also been determinant in the demise of this iconic top predatory shark,” the authors of the study noted.

Continue Reading

News

Trump Accuses His Own FBI and Justice Department of ‘Rigging’ Election

Elias Marat

Published

on

Despite finally agreeing to begin the formal transition of power to President-elect Joe Biden last Monday, President Trump on Sunday continued to deny that he lost the election and repeated claims of fraud in his first interview since his Election Day defeat.

“We won the election easily,” the outgoing president falsely claimed on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures.”

This time, however, Trump added a new twist – claiming that his own Department of Justice and FBI had somehow colluded with the “rigging” of the election in Biden’s favor.

“This is total fraud,” the outgoing president said in the interview with Maria Bartiromo. “And how the FBI and Department of Justice—I don’t know—maybe they’re involved, but how people are getting away with this stuff—it’s unbelievable.”

Just over three weeks ago, major networks including Fox News and the Associated Press called Pennsylvania and Nevada in Biden’s favor, pushing him well over the 270 electoral-vote threshold to make him the winner of the Electoral College.

Since then, Trump has refused to concede, and has instead spouted claims of widespread fraud to sow the seeds of doubt in the election results. However, no evidence has been offered to flesh out the claims while the Trump campaign’s legal challenges have failed in court.

“Missing in action. Missing in action,” Trump continued after being asked if the FBI and DOJ were investigating the fraud claims. “Can’t tell you where they are. I ask, ‘Are you looking at it?’ Everyone says, ‘Yes,’ they’re looking at it.”

The accusation is incredible if only because both agencies’ heads were personally handpicked by President Trump.

The FBI is led by director Christopher Wray, a Trump appointee who has headed the bureau since 2017. The Justice Department is headed by Attorney General William Barr, who was nominated by the president in 2018 and has long argued in favor of government agencies deferring to presidential authority.

Barr has faced massive criticism from Democrats for actions they perceive as being overly partisan and biased in the president’s favor, including responding to Trump’s claims that he hadn’t actually lost the election by clearing the DOJ to look into voting irregularities prior to the certification of elections.

The move was widely seen as a reversal of guidance meant to prevent federal authorities from intervening in the election, and prompted the DOJ’s Election Crimes Branch head Richard Pilger to resign in protest.

However, this hasn’t prevented Trump from lashing out at the attorney general for his perceived lack of zeal in following his directives. In October, Trump criticized Barr publicly for failing to indict his political enemies, including former President Barack Obama and former Vice President (now President-elect) Joe Biden for their alleged role in the origins of the Russia probe.

Trump’s campaign has launched dozens of ill-fated lawsuits in key swing states won by Biden, with many of the lawsuits being dismissed by Republican-appointed judges.

On Sunday morning, the president further accused the judges of blocking his ability to overturn the election results.

“We’re trying to put the evidence in and the judges won’t allow us to do it,” Trump said.

Continue Reading

News

One-Year-Old Baby Killed After 3 Cops Open Fire on Father’s Truck Following Crash

Elias Marat

Published

on

A one-year-old baby boy was killed by police on Thursday after an estranged father took him, sparking police intervention that ended with both the father and son being shot.

The incident took place in the rural region of Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, after police received reports of an alleged domestic disturbance and abduction, according to reports.

A Special Investigations Unit (SIU) said that the father, who was attempting to flee the police, crashed his vehicle into a cruiser belonging to Ontario Provincial Police before three officers shot at the 33-year-old suspect, gravely wounding him and tragically claiming the child’s life, reports Niagara Falls Review.

“The man was struck and he was airlifted to hospital in grave condition,” said SIU spokesperson Monica Hudon. “Inside the vehicle was the man’s son, a one-year-old boy, and he was fatally wounded.”

A firearm was also discovered in the man’s vehicle.

According to a local resident, the father had tried to kidnap the baby on Thursday morning following a domestic disturbance. In desperation, the child’s mother, her older son, and a therapist contacted him seeking shelter.

“Some people came to the house and wanted in, for a safe haven, and there was something about the husband had left with the little baby,” said Tom Deciccio.

When police located the father on a foggy rural road just east of Lindsay, Ontario, all hell reportedly broke loose when the man’s truck collided with another civilian car and the police cruiser.

The car was largely totaled by the collision, raising important questions as to why officers felt the need to fire their weapons at the vehicle.

The father remains in critical condition while the OPP officer, who was initially listed in critical condition, is now stable and being treated at Toronto’s Sunnybrook Hospital. An autopsy was conducted on the deceased child on Saturday.

The investigation of police conduct during the incident is now in the hands of the SIU, which is tasked with investigating any incidents involving Ontario officers who have killed, seriously injured, or sexually assaulted somebody.

The normally quiet central Ontario town of Kawartha Lakes has been shaken by the gruesome incident.

“The community is in disbelief that this is happening,” commented Mayor Andy Letham, who added that he appreciates the work of provincial police in safeguarding the community’s safety and wellbeing.

In separate comments to the National Post, the mayor noted that everyone in the region was already on edge this winter due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic – and that Thursday’s deadly incident only added an extra layer of distress to the small community.

“In a small community like this, it certainly caught everybody off guard,” Letham said.

OPP Commissioner Thomas Carrique said that York Regional Police will handle other aspects of the investigation to ascertain how the tragic case unfolded.

“As a result of a tragic incident today, one child is dead and two others significantly injured. I ask that (the SIU) and (York police) be given time to investigate, without speculation on the events as they unfolded,” he explained in a tweet. “Our thoughts and prayers are with those that are suffering today.”

As of now, police have not yet revealed which of the three officers fired the fatal shot, or if it was the father that claimed the child’s life, or if the father discharged any bullets from the firearm found in the vehicle.

However, the SIU has said that the three police firearms have been taken for forensic investigation. In the meantime, the handgun found inside the truck will likely be handed to investigators.

Continue Reading

Trending