Connect with us

News

Prince Andrew Must Testify in Epstein Court Cases, Says Accusers’ Lawyer

“Be a man, stand up for what you believe and what you’re saying is the truth and come forward.”

Avatar

Published

on

Prince Andrew Testify

(TMU) — Five of Jeffrey Epstein’s accusers have said that the Duke of York was witness to the act of girls giving massages to adults at his various properties.

And now, the accusers’ lawyer plans to serve subpoenas to Prince Andrew to testify as a witness in their cases.

While the prince contends he didn’t witness or even suspect any activities for which Epstein has either been convicted or accused, the lawyer for the five women, David Boies, says the Duke of York may have important information related to their cases.

Boies explained:

“One of the things that we have tried is to interview Prince Andrew and to try to get what his explanation is. He was a frequent visitor. They ought to submit to an interview. They ought to talk about it.”

The subpoenas have been prepared but must be signed off by a judge after the prince sets foot on U.S. soil. He can then challenge the subpoenas in order to avoid providing evidence if he wishes.

Spencer Kuvin, a lawyer who represents many of Epstein’s alleged victims and once questioned the billionaire a decade ago, has urged the prince to come forward, saying on BBC Radio 4’s Today:

“Be a man, stand up for what you believe and what you’re saying is the truth and come forward.”

While Kuvin isn’t planning to serve the prince a subpoena, he is urging the Duke to “step forward” if he “truly wants to help these victims.”

However, it appears helping, or even acknowledging his former friend’s victims is far from the forefront of Andrew’s mind.

Since Epstein’s alleged suicide in a Manhattan correctional facility, attention has slowly shifted to the billionaire’s friends and potential accomplices. The reason for the recent spotlight on Prince Andrew can be traced back to vocal Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre, formerly Roberts, who claims she was forced to have sex with the Duke three times. And in a 2011 testimony, Giuffre insisted the prince “knows the truth” about Epstein.

During a recent interview for 60 Minutes Australia that took her to the steps of Epstein’s $56 million Manhattan mansion, Giuffre, who now lives in Australia, insisted Prince Andrew “should go to jail.” Giuffre says that she “was trafficked to other billionaires” and “to other politicians,” including the prince.

In that same interview, Giuffre held up the notorious photograph of Prince Andrew and herself (at the age of 17) together at Ghislaine Maxwell’s residence, saying “this is a real photo.” The prince continues to deny the authenticity of the photograph that was first published in 2011.

In a television interview in November, affectionately referred to as a “car-crash interview” that likely had the exact opposite effect the royal family was hoping for, the Duke frequently went on the offensive, showed multiple telltale signs of lying, and neglected to vocalize any remorse for the heinous acts his friend allegedly engaged in or offer any sympathy to his numerous accusers.

Watch a breakdown of Prince Andrew’s disastrous BBC Newsnight interview below:

 

Giuffre was also recently interviewed by the BCC and stands by her accusations.

Earlier this week Giuffre tweeted a Dropbox link to the interview, which has not yet been released by the network in full.

Lisa Bloom, another lawyer representing a handful of Epstein’s accusers, told ITV’s This Morning on Tuesday that she has a witness who reportedly “saw Prince Andrew with Virginia” at Tramp nightclub the same night that Giuffre said the pair first had sex.

The witness, who claims she was “feet away” from the pair on the dance floor, was reportedly inspired to come forward after watching Andrew’s disastrous interview.

Bloom explained:

“She says that in 2001 she was at the Tramp nightclub and recalls seeing Prince Andrew. It was pointed out to her by a member of her group.

The woman remembers it vividly. She had never seen a royal before or since. It was a very big moment for her—she stared at him.

She says he was with Virginia—who looked very young and not happy—but Andrew was smiling and seemed to be very much enjoying himself on the dance floor.

She remembered it all these years and when she saw Prince Andrew on television a few weeks ago denying he knew Virginia, she was very displeased about that.

We decided the best thing to do is to go to the FBI and Scotland Yard. I believe her to be credible.

She is not asking for any money or making a legal claim—she just wants to tell her story.

She is very afraid but thinks speaking out is very important.”

By Emma Fiala | Creative Commons | TheMindUnleashed.com

Bizarre

Cop Gave Children Weapons During Exorcism and Told Them To Shoot Demons And Intruders

Avatar

Published

on

A police officer from Florida was recently arrested after he was caught performing a strange exorcism on a child holding a taser, while another child was given a gun and instructed to shoot anyone who entered the home. 37-year-old Christopher Dougherty reportedly told the two children that there were demons in the house. According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Dougherty was fired from the department on an unrelated matter on the same day of his arrest, but he had worked with the sheriff’s office since 2006.

Someone tripped an alarm at the house where the incident was occurring, which prompted police to arrive on the scene. Once they got there, they saw evidence of child abuse, and decided to enter the home. Upon entering they found a young girl wearing body armor and a Kevlar helmet, lying on the ground with a rifle in a shooting position. There was also a young boy in the house who had a taser. The boy is believed to be the subject of an exorcism. Dougherty was armed with a handgun when police arrived.

The children said that Dougherty was performing an exorcism on the young boy, and told the girl that there were demons in the house, and instructed her to shoot anyone that entered.

Dougherty was detained and taken to a hospital where he was held under the Baker Act, and then arrested after he was released from the hospital a few days later. On the same day as his arrest, he was fired from the sheriff’s office, but the agency insists that his termination was related to “an unsatisfactory performance finding in a separate matter,” and had nothing to do with the exorcism. 

In a statement to Fox News, Orange County Sheriff John Mina said that he was concerned about the officer’s mental health. 

“While this deputy was terminated for a pattern of unsatisfactory performance, these are very serious criminal allegations. As law enforcement officers, we are held to the highest standards of conduct whether on duty or off duty. But we are also concerned about the deputy’s mental health,” Mina said.

It is still not entirely clear what Dougherty’s relationship was with the two children that were in his care.

The 2014 horror film “Deliver Us From Evil” is based on the true-life story of New York City Police Sgt Ralph Sarchie, who was an exorcist in his spare time. Sarchie described himself as a “demonologist” and claimed to have taken part in at least 20 exorcisms, but says that he investigated over 50 paranormal cases. “I’m a demonologist, and I’m going head to head with the devil,” Sarchie once said in an interview.

In 2001, Sarchie co-wrote the book Beware the Night about his experiences as a part-time demon hunter in New York. His book would eventually inspire the horror movie that came later.

Of course, Sarchie’s “demon hunting” activities seem to be a bit more safe and legitimate than whatever was happening inside the home of Christopher Dougherty.

Continue Reading

News

4th-grader walks to school every day to do classwork because his family can’t afford internet

Elias Marat

Published

on

A fourth-grader in Roswell, New Mexico, has been spending his days outside of his closed elementary school to access the building’s WiFi and do his classwork due to his lack of internet access at home.

With the novel coronavirus continuing to interrupt lives everywhere, this kid is proving that the global pandemic isn’t strong enough to disrupt his studies. Like other school districts across the country, students at Roswell Independent School District have had to attend online classes due to the ongoing health emergency.

Jonathon Endecott, who turns 10 next month, has always been an independent kid who enjoys his studies, and especially science. He always used to walk to school and back home when school was in session, and this is one habit that hasn’t been broken even as teachers and students stay at home.

However, like too many homes across the United States, Jonathon’s home lacks internet service. Tragically, Jonathon’s mom, Angel Endecott, lost her two jobs once the pandemic struck. And while she’s been able to return to one of her jobs, she still can’t afford internet service.

So Jonathon has been going back to his closed elementary school for the building’s WiFi connection to continue doing his classwork. And he’s been happy to do it.

“He was like, ‘Yeah, I need to be back on the school property, and I could be like a normal kid again,'” Angel explained. “Him just being outside of the building gives him that, ‘Hey, I’m at school’ feeling even though he’s not around other classmates or teachers.”

With Jonathon’s home lying just across the school’s field, his parents are happy to let him study on campus grounds during the day. “The principal, the secretary and a few teachers, they do come outside to check up on him and see if he needs anything,” Angel said.

Jonathon has also found support from local teachers in the school district, who were deeply touched by the heartbreaking site of Jonathon working outside the school so that he could access an internet connection.

One teacher shared a photo of Jonathon on Facebook after getting permission from his mother. The image was shared widely online, and eventually reached a kind person who offered to pay for Jonathon’s internet service for the next year out of their own pocket.

The teacher who posted the photo to her Facebook has since created a GoFundMe account to help raise funds for other children who lack access to the internet, which is crucial to accessing their classes.

Jonathon remains optimistic despite the challenge of not having home internet access, and is happy that he can still remain connected with his friends and classmates online. He also likes the familiarity of being at his school building, which makes the virtual experience more like being back at school.

He’s also been approaching every day with vigor and excitement, relishing the ability to get a bit of alone time at school, his mom said. Jonathon also plans to continue going back to his school even when the family gets its internet back up and running again. However, the school district will require that he has a parent with him in the future.

Continue Reading

Bizarre

Study: 1,000 Potential Alien Star Systems Could Be Watching Us From Afar

Justin MacLachlan

Published

on

Motivated by the “Pale Blue Dot” NASA photo researchers are asking the question, could other planets be looking at us just like we’re looking at them? A study of Earth’s “solar neighborhood” has found that over 1,000 different systems have the perfect angle to view Earth.

The infamous “Pale Blue Dot” photograph was suggested by astronomer Carl Sagan who implored that the Voyager 1 space probe take a picture of Earth from nearly four billion miles away. The new study published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, seeks to find out how many different exo-planet systems with alien life could be watching us. Ironically, the research comes from the Cornell’s Carl Sagan Institute.

The studies co-author Lisa Kaltenegger stated their list focuses on main-sequence stars similar to our own sun. These solar systems may contain exoplanets, Earth-like worlds sitting in the habitable zone for life. All of the prospective systems are within 300 million light-years of Earth, close enough to see our world’s chemical traces according to the researchers.

“Let’s reverse the viewpoint to that of other stars and ask from which vantage point other observers could find Earth as a transiting planet,” Kaltenegger, the director of Cornell’s Carl Sagan Institute said in a press release.

“If observers were out there searching, they would be able to see signs of a biosphere in the atmosphere of our Pale Blue Dot… and we can even see some of the brightest of these stars in our night sky without binoculars or telescopes.”

What makes this listing of 1,004 star systems novel and significant is they all sit in Earth’s elliptic orbit or the plane of the planets orbit around our Sun. Exoplanets traveling along this same path would be able to see the Earth according to the researchers.

To foreign observers, Earth would be a transiting planet that passes in front of its sun as the observer looks at distant stars. Theoretically, these exoplanets would be able to see Earth crossing the Sun, which sounds like a marvelous sight.

“Only a very small fraction of planets will just happen to be randomly aligned with our line of sight so we can see them transit,” co-author Joshua Pepper of Lehigh University says. “But all of the thousand stars we identified in our paper in the solar neighborhood could see our Earth transit the sun, calling their attention.”

“If we’re looking for intelligent life in the universe, that could find us and might want to get in touch,” Kaltenegger adds. “We’ve just created the star map of where we should look first.”

Continue Reading

Trending