Connect with us

Corruption

“She’s done”: Unreleased video shows bloody, chaotic scene after botched Breonna Taylor raid

The video footage depicts a grisly scene, with bloodstains and bullet holes across the walls while Taylor’s lifeless body lies on the floor.

Elias Marat

Published

on

(TMU) – Police body camera footage has been released that shows the moments immediately following the fatal raid on Breonna Taylor’s home.

In the video, officers with the Louisville Metro Police Department SWAT team can be seen clearing her apartment as her body laid motionless in her hallway for several minutes. The officers eventually check for a pulse before stating, repeatedly, “She’s done.”

The footage is just one small component of the over 250 videos and more than 4,000 pages of documents from the case was released Wednesday, and comes as Taylor’s family and community advocates continue to demand transparency and justice for the 26-year-old woman.

In addition to revealing the disturbing details about the botched raid, the video footage also raises fresh questions about why police targeted her home in an effort to prosecute her ex-boyfriend.

Following the shooting, one police lieutenant who arrived at the scene told investigators, “something really bad happened.”

In another video, Taylor’s boyfriend Kenneth Walker can be heard answering an officer who demanded to know who else might be in their apartment.

“Nobody, my girlfriend’s dead,” he replied.

Walker had just walked out of the apartment and surrendered to SWAT officers, who can be heard saying “The female is supposedly the one that’s shot.”

After officers cleared various parts of the apartment for several minutes, they finally addressed Taylor’s body, asking “Ma’am, can you hear us?”

Another officer checked her pulse before declaring, “She’s done.”

Another officer can be heard telling the others not to turn their body cameras off, and as he examines the bullet casings strewn across the floor he says, “Is that theirs? No that’s ours, the only casings look like 9mils.”

Taylor was shot at least six times in the undercover raid by three officers while shade and Walker had been sleeping. The police had a no-knock search warrant intended to find Jamarcus Glover, Taylor’s ex-boyfriend who was wanted on drug charges.

Louisville Metro Police deployed a battering ram to force their way into the apartment before Walker fired a warning shot that struck an officer. Police responded by firing a barrage of rounds into the apartment, including 10 rounds fired blindly by Officer Brett Hankison, who has since been fired.

Walker maintains that the officers failed to identify themselves, but police claim that they did so clearly.

In the video, Walker is in a distraught state and tells the police why he fired as they broke into the apartment, saying “We didn’t know who it was.”

An officer responded by telling Walker that they announced themselves three times. However, Walker and other neighbors deny that the officers announced themselves during the no-knock raid.

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron has also supported the police claim and attempted to argue that the warrant was not a no-knock because police supposedly announced their presence before entering the apartment.

The video footage depicts a grisly scene, with bloodstains and bullet holes across the walls while Taylor’s lifeless body lies on the floor.

In a phone recording also released on Wednesday, Taylor’s ex-boyfriend Glover tells the mother of his child, “Me and Bre ain’t been around each other in over two months, damn near two months.”

Glover had been arrested on the night prior to the early-morning raid on Taylor’s home, raising questions about why police executed the fatal no-knock raid to begin with.

Contrary to disinformation being spread by police supporters and online conspiracy theorists, police found no drugs at Taylor’s apartment and she was not a target of the LMPD investigation.

On Sept. 23, a Kentucky grand jury announced three counts of first-degree “wanton endangerment” in the first degree against former officer Hankinson for blindly firing into another apartment. A $15,000 cash bond was also attached to the charges, none of which are directly related to the killing of Taylor.

Attorney General Cameron said that the grand jury charged the former detective because the shots passed through her apartment walls into a neighboring apartment, endangering the lives of her three neighbors present at the time.

The other two officers involved in the raid, Sgt. John Mattingly and Det. Myles Cosgrove, face zero charges and remain on the force.

Taylor’s family is continuing to demand that the attorney general recuse himself from the case and be replaced by a special prosecutor. Cameron has also opposed the lifting of a gag order from the grand jurors after two members of the jury sought legal help that would allow them to go public.

Corruption

Man’s Hand Amputated After Alabama Cops Hold Him In “Unbearably Tight” Handcuffs for Hours

Elias Marat

Published

on

An Alabama man is suing the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office for excessive force and civil rights violations after a sheriff’s deputy handcuffed him too tightly for several hours, resulting in major injuries that ultimately led to the amputation of his left hand.

Giovanni Loyola, 26, was at his mother’s trailer in Pinson, Alabama,  on Feb. 16, 2020, when three sheriff’s deputies arrived in response to reports of an alleged fight between two men wielding firearms.

According to the lawsuit, a “Deputy Godber” grabbed Loyola by the wrist and roughly detained him mere moments after Loyola answered the door.

At that point, the deputy then pulled Loyola down the stairs and “slammed” him against the car before throwing him to the ground and punching him in the face. The deputy proceeded to handcuff Loyola in a manner that as “unbearably tight.”

Loyola claims that complications from the incident led to the amputation of his hand 10 months later.

According to the deputy’s report, Loyola was allegedly intoxicated and fighting with family members before he fought the deputies and resisted arrest. Loyola, however, claims that he was merely watching television.

During the arrest, Loyola complained that he was feeling numb in his left hand but deputy Godber ignored his pleas.

“The handcuffs remained tightly on Plaintiff’s wrists until they were removed hours later at the jail,” the amended complaint read. “After Plaintiff got out of jail on February 28, 2020, his left wrist was still in tremendous pain.”

Following his release from jail, Loyola checked into a local hospital and was told that he had a severe blood flow issue requiring surgery. Upon admission at Ascension St. Vincent’s East hospital in Birmingham, his fingertips were grey and doctors had a “concern for necrosis.”

Following multiple hospital visits and four surgeries over the course of 10 months, he eventually had the left hand amputated.

“Deputy Godber handcuffed Plaintiff’s wrists so tightly that Plaintiff immediately lost sensation in one hand, and Deputy Godber refused to loosen the handcuffs even after Plaintiff told him that they were too tight and were causing him pain,” Loyola’s attorneys argued. “These actions and inactions constituted unreasonable and excessive force.”

The lawsuit also alleges that deputies unlawfully searched his home without a warrant. Loyola is now suing for compensatory damages related to the physical and mental toll of the ordeal, his loss of income due to an inability to work, as well as medical costs, legal fees, and punitive damages.

Continue Reading

Corruption

‘Horrible History’: Mass Grave for 215 Indigenous Children Found at Canada Boarding School

Elias Marat

Published

on

Indigenous people are in shock and Canadians are reeling after a grim discovery cast a harsh light on the North American country’s bloody history of native genocide.

On Thursday, the chief of the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc Indigenous community confirmed that it had found the remains of 215 children buried in a mass grave at a state-run boarding school, including some as young as three.

The discovery of the mass grave at the Kamloops Indian Residential School offers a sobering confirmation of why such a large number of Indigenous children seized from their homes by Canadian authorities never made it back home – validating some of the worst fears of Tk’emlúps community members as to why their lost loved ones seemingly disappeared.

“It’s a harsh reality and it’s our truth, it’s our history,” said Chief Rosanne Casimir said at a news conference, reports New York Times. “And it’s something that we’ve always had to fight to prove. To me, it’s always been a horrible, horrible history.”

Chief Casimir said that there was always “a knowing” about the disturbing history at boarding schools like the Kamloops Indian Residential School and that proof finally came this past weekend thanks to ground-penetrating radar technology.

The school operated from 1890 to the late 1970s, with enrollment peaking at around 500 during the 1950s. Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission has confirmed that large amounts of Indigenous children fled the schools or died there, their whereabouts unknown. Former students have testified to the horrific sexual, mental and physical abuse they suffered while enrolled at the schols.

The Tk’emlúps Heritage Park where the school was located has now been closed as crews scour the area for more possible remains.

Children as young as three were students at the school, which was once the largest in Canada’s boarding schools for First Nations children.

It is believed that the deaths were swept under the rug and never documented, although Indigenous scholars are working with the Royal British Columbia Museum to find any possible records that may exist.

Chief Casimir has vowed that the Tk’emlups community would take full responsibility to do justice to the hundreds of “lost children” and their families.

“We sought out a way to confirm that knowing out of deepest respect and love for those lost children and their families, understanding that Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc is the final resting place of these children,” Chief Casimir said in a statement.

Work to identify the site began in the early 2000s and was led by Indigenous authorities in tandem with ceremonial Knowledge Keepers to ensure that cultural protocols were respected. State-of-the-art radar technology used to identify potential mass graves led to the recent breakthrough.

“With access to the latest technology, the true accounting of the missing students will hopefully bring some peace and closure to those lives lost and their home communities,” Casimir noted.

“At this time we have more questions than answers,” Casimir added.

Continue Reading

Bizarre

CA Prison Guards Caught Lying About Brutal Torture and Beheading by Satanist Inmate

Elias Marat

Published

on

Some California prison guards are in hot water after they were found to have lied in their reports after a Satan-worshipping inmate brutally slaughtered his cellmate, according to a state investigation.

On March 9, 2019, 31-year-old inmate Jaime Osuna decapitated his cellmate Luis Romero, 44, and then dissected him in what the Los Angeles Times has described as “one of the most heinous slayings inside the California prison system.” The grisly murder also raises fresh questions about why Romero was assigned to a cell with Osuna, a self-described satanist with a long history of attacking his cellmates.

Osuna had been serving a life sentence for the murder and torture of a woman in 2011, and had never been given a cellmate in the past. Decked out in face tattoos and known for his over-the-top Charles Manson-like antics, Osuna boasted of his love for torturing people and mocked his victim’s family in court.

Romero, an inmate who had spent 27 years in prison for a second-degree murder he was convicted for as a teenager, was assigned to the same cell as Osuna just before he was going to be eligible for parole.

Using a homemade knife, Osuna cut out one of Romero’s eyes, chopped off his finger, removed a portion of his ribs and sliced off a part of a lung before eventually decapitating him. He then manipulated the corpse into a pose and cut the sides of his mouth to resemble a smile. He allegedly used sheets to cover the bars of the cell.

When guards finally discovered the scene, Osuna was wearing a necklace he made from Romero’s body parts.

However, guards reported on the prior night that both men had been alive. The cell was never checked throughout the night, according to a state probe, while two officers falsely reported that Romero was alive at the time when he was being brutally murdered. Two other officers also failed to properly count inmates on the night of the horrific slaying.

The state report adds that the prison’s internal affairs process was shoddy, while officers who lied and witnesses were never interviewed.

Osuna has since been transferred to the psychiatric inpatient program at Salinas Valley State Prison. He has been diagnosed with unspecified schizophrenia spectrum, antisocial personality disorder and borderline personality disorder and has been ruled not competent to stand trial for the brutal murder of Romero.

Continue Reading

Trending