Donald Trump, Jr. has asked Tesla CEO Elon Musk to create a brand new social media platform that would never ban his father after the outgoing president was suspended or removed from most mainstream platforms.
In a video posted to Facebook-owned Instagram, Don Jr. asked: “Why doesn’t Elon Musk create a social media platform?”
“This guy put manned people into space,” he continued. “He did so privately. He took on big government and did it better, cheaper, faster than they ever could. This is the guy to do it.”
“Someone like him has the brilliance to come up with something that blows Twitter away,” the younger Trump continued.
“I am not looking for a conservative echo chamber, I want a platform to argue my ideas vs someone else’s and not just people in a place telling me what I want to hear.”
He continued to plead: “Elon why don’t you do that. Get out there and come up with a concept. I think you are literally the guy to save free speech in America.”
Don Jr.’s proposition comes just after Musk weighed in on Monday on the large social media platforms’ moves to censor Trump after holding him culpable for the botched uprising at the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. by a mob of fervent pro-Trump supporters.
“A lot of people are going to be super unhappy with West Coast high tech as the de facto arbiter of free speech,” Musk replied to a tweet of a satirical article by Babylon Bee entitled “Evil Fascist Dictator Censored and Voted Out Of Office.”
The Tesla and SpaceX founder’s politics have largely been elusive, although it’s a safe assumption that Musk’s politics lean to the right given his antagonistic interactions with left-wing Twitter users and his May 2020 tweet where he said “Take the red pill,” using a term that is often associated with Republican politics and right-wing causes.
Twitter users grew curious about what Musk meant after first daughter and presidential adviser Ivanka Trump replied to the tweet saying, “Taken!”
Weeks before issuing the controversial tweet, Musk described sweeping stay-at-home measures by public health authorities in response to the coronavirus pandemic as “fascist,” aligning himself with the Trump administration placing him at odds with Democratic lawmakers and governors such as Gov. Gavin Newsom of California, where most Tesla production is based.
So far, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram have banned the president from using his social media accounts, which had a combined following of well over 100 million users from across the globe.
In its own explanation of why it banned the president, Twitter accused the outgoing head of state of using his platform to stoke political violence in the United States.
The official Twitter Safety account wrote: “After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”
“We made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules and cannot use Twitter to incite violence,” the explanation continued. “We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.”
However, some civil liberties advocates have criticized the move and warned that the suspension of Trump illustrates the “unchecked power” of the large social media firms, which are regularly accused of using monopolistic practices to boost their own profits and crush the competition.
“For months, President Trump has been using social media platforms to seed doubt about the results of the election and to undermine the will of voters,” said American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) senior legislative counsel Kate Ruane in a statement.“We understand the desire to permanently suspend him now, but it should concern everyone when companies like Facebook and Twitter wield the unchecked power to remove people from platforms that have become indispensable for the speech of billions – especially when political realities make those decisions easier.”
“President Trump can turn his press team or Fox News to communicate with the public, but others – like many Black, Brown, and LGTBQ activists who have been censored by social media companies – will not have that luxury,” she continued. “It is our hope that these companies will apply their rules transparently to everyone.”
President Trump on Tuesday has described his removal from social media as a national tragedy that would result in “catastrophic” consequences for the tech giants, adding that their actions are “dividing and divisive and they’re showing something that I’ve been predicting for a long time.”
“I’ve been predicting it for a long time but people didn’t act on it and I think big tech has made a terrible mistake and very, very bad for our country and that’s leading others to do the same thing. It causes a lot of problems and a lot of danger,” he continued. “Big mistake and they shouldn’t be doing it.”
Scientists Create First-Ever Embryos With Monkey and Human Cells
For the first time, scientists have created embryos in a lab that contain the cells of both humans and monkeys.
Scientists hope that by creating chimeric embryos – embryos containing cells from two distinct species – they might be able to create organs for people who desperately need transplants.
Over 100,000 people in the United States lone are currently on a waiting list for organ transplants crucial to saving their lives, but the supply of donor organs has dropped significantly since the pandemic began unfolding.
Researchers have attempted to inject human stem cells into the embryos of pigs and sheep in recent years in hopes of growing organs for transplants, but this hasn’t yielded positive results. Scientists are hoping that by turning to macaque monkeys, which share a greater genetic similarity to humans, they may have more success.
In a study published Thursday in the journal Cell, researchers in the U.S. and China injected 25 pluripotent stem cells from humans into embryos from macaque monkeys.
After one day, the researchers detected human cells beginning to grow in 132 of the embryos. They embryos ultimately survived for 19 days.
However, bioethicists have raised concerns about the potential for abusing medical regulations that currently govern the treatment of animal and human subjects, as well as the possibility that a rogue scientists might potentially spike living creatures with human cells.
“My first question is: Why?” Kirstin Matthews, a science and technology fellow at Rice University’s Baker Institute, told NPR. “I think the public is going to be concerned, and I am as well, that we’re just kind of pushing forward with science without having a proper conversation about what we should or should not do.”
Researchers insist that the study serves purely humanitarian goals that could save countless lives in the future.
“This work is an important step that provides very compelling evidence that someday when we understand fully what the process is we could make them develop into a heart or a kidney or lungs,” said University of Michigan professor Jeffrey Platt, who was not involved in the study.
Video Showing UFOs Swarming Navy Warship is Real, Pentagon Confirms
Late last month, reports emerged that a number of U.S. Navy guided missile destroyers sailing off the coast near Los Angeles encountered a swarm of strange unidentified flying objects or drones in 2019. While Navy investigators looked into the strange incident, no explanation has since been given.
However, new footage has been leaked to documentary filmmaker Jeremy Corbell that shows the strange flying objects swarming above one of the ships, and the Pentagon has confirmed that the videos are authentic.
“I can confirm that the referenced photos and videos were taken by Navy personnel,” a Department of Defense spokesperson told Futurism.
In the brief footage, which appears to have been recorded with night vision cameras, triangular or pyramid-shaped objects can be seen hovering above the deck of a Navy destroyer.
According to Corbell, the Pentagon has gone to great lengths to disavow any connection to the swarming UAVs.
“This was taken on deployment from the USS Russell,” Corbell told Mystery Wire. “It shows what they described as vehicles. And they made a great distinction. They made sure in this classified briefing, they made a great distinction that this is not something that we own either a black project, this is not something of a foreign military, that these were behaving in ways that we did not expect.“
“And that they were you know shaped non aerodynamically,” he added. “Like pyramids, these are flying pyramids!”
The video, as well as a number of photos from the incident, have all been gathered by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force, a group tasked with investigating encounters between the different service branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and a number of unidentified flying objects.
While officials have been baffled by the unknown flying objects, in recent years the Pentagon has been more vocal about past encounters, which they describe as having been frequent. Officials have also discouraged the use of the acronym “UFOs,” instead opting to describe them as unidentified aerial phenomena or UAPs.
Prince Philip Joke About Reincarnating as Deadly Virus to ‘Solve Overpopulation’ Resurfaces
The Friday announcement of the death of Prince Philip elicited a range of reactions on social media, with some users eulogizing the late royal while others used the occasion to heap mockery upon the British monarchy.
However, others also shared an old quote from the Prince Philip where he bizarrely suggested that after he died, his wish would be that he is reincarnated as a deadly virus in order to help solve the so-called problem of overpopulation.
The decidedly anti-social quote was taken from a 2009 article published by The Guardian that listed out a number of controversial and generally distasteful quotes from the Queen’s husband on various subjects.
The full quote read: “In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation.”
Tweeting a screenshot of the quote, user Riya said: “WHAT THE F*CK.”
While others replied to the misanthropic quote with a reference to the ongoing pandemic:
The Daily Express notes that the quote originates from a joking comment about deadly viruses that the prince made in a 1988 interview with Deutsche Press-Agentur. The quote was also widely shared during the initial outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
Buckingham Palace announced the death of Prince Philip, royal consort to Queen Elizabeth II, on Friday morning.
“It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh,” the announcement read. “His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.”
Corruption5 days ago
Cop Who ‘Accidentally’ Killed Daunte Wright Arrested on 2nd-Degree Manslaughter Charges
Bizarre1 week ago
Video Showing UFOs Swarming Navy Warship is Real, Pentagon Confirms
Environment2 weeks ago
Japan Says Dumping Fukushima Radioactive Water in Pacific Ocean is Now “Unavoidable”
News2 weeks ago
The Identity of “Q” at the Center of the QAnon Movement May have Finally Been Revealed