Sunday saw the destruction of yet another high-altitude object, which this time was brought down over Lake Huron, according to three United States officials who spoke with ABC News. One of the authorities has said that the UFO was brought down by a military aircraft from the United States.
This is a developing story, and we will provide updates as they become available.
Rep. Elissa Slotkin of Michigan said on Twitter on Sunday that she had gotten a phone call from the Department of Defense in which the official informed her that “Our military has an extremely close eye on the object above Lake Huron.”
At about three in the afternoon, she sent out another tweet in which she said that the ufo had been shot down by pilots from the United States Air Force and the National Guard.
“Great work by all who carried out this mission both in the air and back at headquarters. We’re all interested in exactly what this object was and it’s purpose,” Slotkin wrote.
Rep. Jack Bergman, a Republican from Michigan, also provided confirmation of the operation through Twitter on Sunday, writing, “The US military has decommissioned another ‘object’ over Lake Huron.”
“I appreciate the decisive action by our fighter pilots,” he added.
According to a warning issued by the Federal Aviation Administration earlier on Sunday, the airspace that covers some portions of Lake Michigan was subject to temporary flying restrictions for the sake of national security.
According to the letter, the FAA has provisionally designated some portions of the region as “national defense airspace.” According to the North American Aerospace Defense Command, the limits went into effect at around 11 in the morning.
“The FAA briefly closed some airspace over Lake Michigan to support Department of Defense activities. The airspace has been reopened,” the FAA said in a statement just before 1 p.m.
“With the cooperation of the Federal Aviation Administration, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) implemented a temporary flight restriction airspace over Lake Michigan at approximately 12 p.m. EST on Feb. 12, 2023, to ensure the safety of air traffic in the area during NORAD operations. The temporary flight restriction has since been lifted,” NORAD said in a Tweet.
NORAD did not immediately provide a response to concerns about the nature of such missions.
This operation brings the total number of consecutive days in which a mystery item has been brought down above the skies of North America to three. On Saturday, a mystery object was intercepted by military forces over the northern part of Canada. On Friday, a US F-22 interceptor aircraft brought down an unidentified flying object in Alaskan airspace.
According to NORAD, there was also a temporary flight restriction that was placed into effect over the state of Montana on Saturday night. Following the discovery of a “radar anomaly” by NORAD, the interim ban was implemented. Investigation into the event was carried out by aircraft, but they did not find anything suspicious during their flight
It also follows the events of the previous weekend, when F-22s were used to bring down what was believed to be a Chinese surveillance balloon off the coast of South Carolina.
Typos, corrections and/or news tips? Email us at Contact@TheMindUnleashed.com