In this article I’m going to give you 5 Key principles that will create your happiness in every moment of your life. We all know how to be happy and I’m sure when you go through this list it won’t really seem like anything new. That’s because we all have intuition, and that intuition tells us when something is really true. It will resonate with you immediately as you read it, when that happens you know it feels right.
Happiness isn’t something you need to chase after, it isn’t ellusive at all. All it takes is for you to choose it. It just takes a little practice and I’m going to tell you 5 things that you can start practising straight away to create happiness in your every moment.
Happiness can be so simple, here’s the 5 key principles for happiness –
1. Gratitude – I’m starting with gratitude because the whole list will all be connected to this one thing. Gratitude is a big part of creating your happiness SIMPLY BY BECOMING GRATEFUL HAPPINESS WILL BE YOURS.
Can you be more grateful of each moment that is given to you? Each moment is a new opportunity and each moment is there for you to enjoy. Stop every now and again and be grateful for what you have, what you are doing, or simply just for being or existing in this moment.
How often do you simply just stop what you’re doing and be grateful for it? Try it, stop reading after this sentence and sit and be grateful for one or two things in that moment, watch how it changes how you feel almost instantly. Gratitude is a big key to happiness, you will thrive with gratitude and go about with a new powerful energy about you. Grateful people are happy people. Try it.
2. Acceptance – This is a beaut and it will sort your worries right out, welcome a worry free happy life through acceptance of what is.
Acceptance of what is simply means accepting things that are beyond your control, those things you can’t change then and there, no matter how much you think about it and worry.
If you have a problem or something bothering you and in that moment you can’t do anything about it then simply start accepting it for what it is. This will free you of your worries and let you fall into happiness.. You can’t change everything and you definitely can’t control everything so why even bother. Just let it go and fall into acceptance of what is.
Don’t get me wrong if you can take action then do, but if you can’t, then just accept it till the opportunity arises where you can, just let it go.
3. Passion – Create passion in what you do, or live your passion. Chase your dreams and make your passions a large part of your life. What is it you love doing? It can be anything as long you are passionate about it and love doing it you will create happiness in your life. You will radiate happiness because you are doing the thing you love the most and your passion will be bursting through your very being. The people around you will feel it, you will inspire through your work.
The best creations are done when passion is fueling it.
4. Love – Spread love and happiness everywhere you go. Love fully and hold nothing back, express your love fully into the world. Showing appreciation for people and things, being grateful, being kind, expressing your desires are all part of loving fully. Through love you will spread a powerful energy, by spreading happiness to other people and loving fully happiness will bounce back to you in double doses.
You will feel it in everything you do. Give happiness and love and you shall receive.
5. Meditation (Being present and aware) – Lastly I’d like to add meditation in as a key principle for happiness. Meditation means being present and aware. It means being the “watcher” of your thoughts, your feelings and your actions. You aren’t your mind, your mind is normally a mess and will often throw about a million thoughts at you, switching subjects at speed and being relentless with it too.
Meditation as I say is becoming aware of your thoughts and feelings. Each time you become aware your mind starts to clear up and you will feel calm and peaceful. Practice meditation for a calm, relaxed and clear mind. Being present and enjoying each moment with out your mind throwing you into the past and future will be pure bliss. Set aside time each day, and do absolutely nothing. Don’t try to do nothing, because then you’re doing something. Just simply be as you are. Watch everything, watch your thoughts come and go. Accept them without judgement and relax into nothingness.
So there they are… The 5 key principles I feel have made me a happy man. We all know these things create happiness, we all have it inside us and we have all experienced each of these throughout our lives. We have all glimpsed that blissful happiness that is available to us.
All of the above can become practices, simply practice each throughout your day.
Stop and remind yourself to be grateful, accept what is if you can’t change it, live your passions, love fully, and meditate through being fully aware and present as often as possible.
Featured image: BBC, Getty Images
©2015 The Mind Unleashed, Inc, all rights reserved. For permission to re-print this article contact [email protected] , or the respective author.
Typos, corrections and/or news tips? Email us at [email protected]