Connect with us

Uncategorized

Carls Jr. is Celebrating 4/20 With Its First Ever CBD-Infused Burger

Avatar

Published

on

CBD-Infused Burger

This year, Carls Jr. will make history by becoming the first fast food restaurant to offer a CBD infused item and possibly the first major chain to actually run a promotion on the infamous pothead holiday, 4/20.

This Saturday, Carl’s Jr. is celebrating the holiday with its own CBD-infused Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight. The CheeseBurger Delight is made up of two beef patties, pickled jalapeños, pepper jack cheese, and CBD-infused Santa Fe Sauce.

The burger will be ironically priced at $4.20, but will only be available at one select Carl’s Jr. location in Denver, Colorado. However, representatives from the company said that they hope to expand the special menu item to other locations if it does well.

Patty Trevino, Carl’s Jr.’s senior vice president of brand marketing says that she is proud her company was the first in the industry to make this bold step.

“If anyone is going to do it, I would want Carl’s Jr. to do it,” Trevino said.

“If you were to ask me when I was at Burger King back in the mid-2000s, I would have been like, no way. But today, this is a huge trend with consumers,” she added.

Trevino would have liked to launch the burger in all Carls Jr. locations, but lawyers for the company advised that Denver, Colorado would be the perfect place to test the new menu item since cannabis has been legal there for some time. It is important to point out that this burger will not get people high, because it is infused with CBD not THC. CBD is the nonpsychoactive compound in the hemp plant, and while it does have many of the same medicinal qualities as THC, it comes without the infamous psychoactive effects.

There are some other big companies jumping into the THC market as well.

Last year, two of the world’s top beer companies announced they were stepping into the cannabis industry in big ways.

First Heineken announced that their California-based subsidiary Lagunitas is producing a THC infused beer that contains no alcohol. The new drink is called Hi-Fi Hops and is sold for roughly $8 at select cannabis dispensaries.

The drink only contains 10mg of THC per can, which is about the same as a cannabis-infused gummy bear. However, if someone is looking to get a value, they would have much better luck with the 100mg Dixie Elixirs, which come in a variety of flavors that go for roughly $30 per can.

Hi-Fi Hops is also available in a non-psychoactive CBD version. Not long after Heineken’s announcement Constellation Brands, Corona’s parent company, went public with their decision to invest $4 billion into Canada’s top cannabis producer Canopy Growth.

Like this article? Get the latest from The Mind Unleashed in your inbox. Sign up right here.

News

Trump Family Planning Takeover Of The RNC To Ensure Political Dynasty, Sources Say

Avatar

Published

on

Donald Trump has still refused to concede the 2020 election to his Democratic rival Joe Biden, but even if he does leave the White House in January, his family is planning on beginning a Trump political dynasty. This week, three GOP advisers told CNN that Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle are making moves to expand their influence at the Republican National Committee. Other sources have said that they have ambitions to take over the party.

Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle are reportedly unhappy with RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel over what they perceive as a lack of support during a contested election. Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a Republican Party source with close ties to the White House said that Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle could seek leadership roles at the RNC.

“Don Jr. and Kimberly have an eye on the RNC, through themselves taking over or somebody close to them taking over,” the source said.

Donald Trump Jr. denied claims that he has ambitions to take over the party, as did Andrew Surabian, a Trump associate who said that the rumors are “100% incorrect.”

Still, for years Donald Trump insisted that he had no interest in getting involved in politics, and people usually don’t tell the media when they are after another person’s job. 

If the Trump family is able to expand its influence in the GOP and the RNC, they could position Donald Trump to run for president a second time in 2024, a possibility that has been floated by numerous Trump advisers. 

Rick Gates, an aide to Trump during his 2016 presidential campaign, expects Trump to remain in politics for the long haul.

He’s going to continue to play a significant role in the Republican Party. He’ll have that locked up for at least the next few years,” Gates said.

Gates also said Trump would likely “seriously consider another run in 2024,” according to USA Today.

Gates is not the only Trump insider to make such a prediction. Mick Mulvaney, a former chief of staff, predicted a Trump 2024 campaign recently while appearing in a recent interview with Sky News.

“I would absolutely expect the president to stay involved in politics and would absolutely put him on the shortlist of people who are likely to run in 2024,” Mulvaney said.

There are historical precedents of presidents running for re-election years after losing.

In 1840, President Martin Van Buren lost his re-election campaign as the 8th President of the United States and chose to run again in 1848 as a member of the Free Soil Party. President Grover Cleveland was both the 22nd and 24th president of the United States. He served as president from 1885 to 1889 and then again from 1893 to 1897.

Theodore Roosevelt became President in 1901 following the assassination of William McKinley and was elected to a full term in 1904. After leaving politics, he attempted a failed return in 1912 running as a Progressive.

The 22nd Amendment states that “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.”

Even if Donald Trump does not run for president again, his family has now entered the political arena, and they don’t appear to have any plans of leaving.

Like this article? Get the latest from The Mind Unleashed in your inbox. Sign up right here.
Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Scientists Finally Traced a ‘Fast Radio Burst’ To A Place In Our Galaxy For The First Time

Justin MacLachlan

Published

on

One of the most daunting questions scientists have faced for at least a decade is what causes fast radio bursts (or FRB’s) that pulse throughout the universe?

Scientists have long known about these energetic pulses — called fast radio bursts — for roughly 13 years observing them coming from outside our galaxy. The distance makes it harder to trace them back to what’s causing them. Making it even more difficult is that these bursts of energy happen so fast, in a couple of milliseconds and then don’t happen again for awhile.

TMU has previously reported on various FRBs with the latest being one that repeats in a looping cycle every 157 days outside of our Milky Way Galaxy. FRB 121102’ exhibits repeated burst activity for a period of about 90 days, before going quiet for about 67 days. Then the whole 157-day cycle repeats again.

FRB’s are energetic flares of radiation that last just a few milliseconds, and most of them flare randomly only once, then they are never detected again. Further, FRBs are believed to generate a billion times more energy than any known object in our galaxy. In fact, this energy equals what would be produced by 500 million of our suns, according to NASA.

As TMU further reported, scientists observed FRBs coming from somewhere deep in space in 2019. This was only the second time repeated blasts of signals of this type had ever been recorded.

Earlier this year, in April, a rare but weaker radio burst came from inside our own Milky Way galaxy that was spotted by two different astronomers using two separate telescopes: one a California doctoral student’s set of handmade antennas, which included pans, the other a $20 million Canadian observatory.

The researchers tracked April’s fast radio burst to a magnetar that’s 32,000 light-years from Earth, according to four studies published in the journal Nature.

Magnetars are incredibly dense neutron stars, with 1.5 times the mass of our sun jam packed into a space the size of a city. Magnetars have immense magnetic fields that pulse with energy, and sometimes flares of X-rays and radio waves burst come from them, according to McGill University astrophysicist Ziggy Pleunis, a co-author of the Canadian study.

The burst happened in less than a second containing about the same amount of energy that our sun produces in a month, and still that’s far weaker than the radio bursts detected coming from outside our galaxy, said Caltech radio astronomer Christopher Bochenek. Bochenak helped spot the burst with his handmade antennas, which the Associated Press reported costed him $15,000.

While astronomers believe they discovered what caused this FRB, they emphasize that magnetars may not be the only answer, especially since there are two types of fast radio bursts that repeat and those that occur only once. So the mystery continues…

Like this article? Get the latest from The Mind Unleashed in your inbox. Sign up right here.
Continue Reading

News

50 Cent Tells His Fans To Vote For Trump

Avatar

Published

on

Rapper and entrepreneur 50 Cent recently expressed his support for Donald Trump and seemed to indicate that everything is riding on one issue, his tax rate. In a recent Instagram post, 50 Cent, who files his businesses under his government name Curtis Jackson, told his Instagram followers to vote for Donald Trump. Jackson seemed to be upset by Biden’s proposed tax rate for the wealthy. He took a photo of his television showing a proposed 62% tax rate, and said that he doesn’t even care if Trump “doesn’t like black people,” he’s voting for Donald Trump anyway.

“WHAT THE FCK! (VOTE ForTRUMP) IM OUT, FCK NEW YORK The KNICKS never win anyway. I don’t care Trump doesn’t like black people 62% are you out of ya f****** mind,” Jackson said in the now-viral post.

As he probably expected, his post sparked outrage among a large portion of his audience and was instantly praised in conservative media.

His posts even caught the attention of the Trump family. Jackson continued to post in support of the President after his original comments made the news. In a later tweet, he posted a video of a Fox News segment where his comments were discussed, and he quoted one of the hosts, saying that he does not want to become “20 Cent.”

Christopher Bouzy, a Black CEO and the founder of Bot Sentinel, was one of the first prominent names to criticize Jackson for his remarks. Bouzy called out Jackson as well as Kanye West and Ice Cube, and accused them of being opportunists.

It appears that Jackson is clearly supporting Donald Trump in the election this year, but he has also been critical of the president in the past, so perhaps he is just voting for what he perceives as the lesser of two evils. Jackson has previously attacked the president on his COVID-19 response, saying “You wanted a reality show host as president. Well, now you’re on Survivor.”

In 2017, during an interview with US radio station Hot 97, Jackson said that he was offered $500,000 to make an appearance as part of Donald Trump’s 2016 election campaign. In the same interview, he went on to call Trump’s presidency an “accident.”

“They wanted to pay me $500,000 as part of the campaign just to make an appearance. His presidency is an accident. If you were a President by accident, you might do some of the things Donald Trump is doing… I think he was [campaigning] to build his profile for a bigger deal on television, and everything else,” Jackson said in the interview.

It is also important to note that the initial tax figures posted by Jackson are a bit misleading, as CNBC noted these figures are based on a study that doesn’t include deductions or loopholes that most people take advantage of, and will only be applied to top earners.

Under Biden’s plan, the effective tax rate for the top 1% would increase from 26.8% to 39.8%, according to the Tax Policy Center, which means that top earners in California and New York City would pay effective state and federal tax rates of around 53%, compared with the roughly 40% they pay in effective rates today.

As of 2020, Jackson’s net worth is estimated to be $30 million, which is a huge drop from previous years, when his net worth was declared at $150 million by Forbes.

Like this article? Get the latest from The Mind Unleashed in your inbox. Sign up right here.
Continue Reading

Trending