Cannabis, first and foremost, is a medicine. It is for this reason the creative minds over at My Stoned Kitchen have whipped up some delectable, gluten-free cannabis-infused chocolate cupcakes. Not only are the cupcakes guaranteed to get you high, they are better for your body than traditional edibles. That’s pretty exciting, right?
The super moist chocolate cupcakes are made with whole-food ingredients, such as natural cocoa powder (high in antioxidants), coconut oil (anti-bacterial, supports weight loss), and almond milk (non-mucus forming, unlike dairy milk). Eggs boost the protein content of this recipe, while gluten-free flour ensures even the most sensitive eaters can stomach this treat. *To make this recipe vegan, substitute the eggs for a plant-based alternative.
For more consciously-crafted pot-infused recipes, visit My Stoned Kitchen.
Before you can create any pot-infused recipe, there are a few requirements:
1) Pick your weed
If you live in a state where marijuana is legal for medicinal or recreational use, visit a local dispensary to obtain at least one-eighth of weed. A strain containing at least 17% THC is recommended to ensure the cannabis butter or cannabis coconut oil is potent enough.
2) Decarboxylate your product
Follow this guide by My Stoned Kitchen to decarboxylate your weed. This step sounds very complicated — it’s not. Basically, you’ll break your bud up into tiny pieces (perhaps even chopping it on a cutting board), then bake it in an aluminum-foil covered pan in the oven. Then, you’ll allow the bud to cool before making the canna-coconut oil.
By heating the cannabis, THCA is converted into THC. THC is the component that gets you “high.” If you skip this step, the cupcakes (and other desserts) may have no effect.
3) Make Cannabis Coconut Oil
Cannabis-infused coconut oil is preferred for this dessert. Once you have decarboxylated your bud, allow it to cool. My Stoned Kitchen recommends using a Magic Butter machine to make the oil (coconut oil can be interchanged in this recipe). Otherwise, you can make the batch using standard kitchen tools by following this recipe.
4) Approximate the dosage
Once you have made your cannabis coconut oil, allow it to cool and store it in an air-tight jar. Without lab testing, it is impossible to know the exact dosage of your homemade cannabis coconut oil. However, it is possible to guesstimate the dosage by following these directions.
Typical batches of canna-butter or canna-coconut oil might yield 10-20 mg of THC per Tablespoon. Keep in mind that the recommended dose for one adult over the age of 21 is 10 mg. If the tiramisu yields 12 pieces, you’d want to swap a portion of the cannabis-coconut oil for regular coconut oil to produce the desired effects (ie, get high).
Note: Because every batch of cannabis-coconut oil is different, this recipe recommends 2 Tbsp of infused coconut oil. Please alter based on your needs.
Super Moist Infused Chocolate Cupcakes [Gluten-Free]
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 12 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup gluten-free (all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup – 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp canna-butter or cannabis coconut oil*
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 5 Tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt together in a large bowl until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cane sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely emulsified. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add half of the almond milk; whisk for a few seconds, then repeat with the remaining almond milk. Stir until *just* combined. The batter will be thin and you do not want to overmix.
- Using a spoon, pour the batter into the liners. Fill them only halfway, or else spilling will occur. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Using a hand mixer, whisk butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients (slowly) until the desired consistency is obtained.
Images: My Stoned Kitchen.
Typos, corrections and/or news tips? Email us at [email protected]
Amber Heard Tells Jury How The Poo Ended Up in Her And Johnny Depp’s Bed
PR expert says the Johnny Depp trial could actually reboot his career, but he may need to play “bad guys”
Ukraine Is Going To Host the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest, President Zelensky Confirmed
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Confirmed! Johnny Depp Is Finally Returning To The Big Screen With Brand New Movie
Opinion1 week ago
People Are Claiming Amber Heard Was Doing Cocaine On The Stand
Bizarre2 weeks ago
“Sex Island,” A Drug-Fueled Vacation That Offers Guests ‘Unlimited Sex’ With 100 Women Is Back
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Johnny Depp Laughed As Amber Heard Claimed His Breath “Stunk Of Weed And Alcohol”